Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Contact Lenses

Options
  • 10-09-2012 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Is it ok to wear dailys 5 out of 7 days a week ? if your wearing them that much should i get monthly s ? Are those better for yours eyes ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

lil_tuts wrote: »
    Is it ok to wear dailys 5 out of 7 days a week ? if your wearing them that much should i get monthly s ? Are those better for yours eyes ?

In general it is fine to wear them 5/7 days a week. How many hours a day are you wearing them and what lenses are they?

Usually monthly lenses will work out slightly cheaper if you are wearing them 5 days a week. There is a material called silicone hydrogel that comes in both monthly and daily lenses that is better for your eyes than the standard hydrogel as it lets more oxygen into your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

It really depends. The main issue with using monthlies is that you have to maintain your lenses every night when you remove them i.e. for cleaning. This annoys some but most people don't mind. The monthlies are better for your eyes as they allow more oxygen to your eyes.

As long are you are not over wearing your dailies you are fine to use them 5 out of the seven days.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

endplate wrote: »
    The monthlies are better for your eyes as they allow more oxygen to your eyes.

Every optician and ophthalmologist I've ever spoken to recommend dailies over monthlies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

fungie wrote: »
    Every optician and ophthalmologist I've ever spoken to recommend dailies over monthlies.

Monthlies used to be made of a more modern material that allowed more oxygen into the eyes. However the last 3 years, dailies are being made in the more modern material and due to them being disposable they are the better option

• Registered Users Posts: 10 star_light

fungie wrote: »

I agree. I have used them for years and think they are better for your eyes. Plus buying solution to clean monthlys adds up and you need to be strict cleaning them . . unlike me who would be too tired/lazy after the day and just soak them . . "ill clean them in the morning" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

I think you ideally should only wear contact 8-10 hours max per day I think. But obviously it's important not to get dirt/ germs by rubbing your eyes

Advertisement