Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto Maple Leafs Names Worst North American Franchise

Options
  • 10-09-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Maple+Leafs+ranked+worst+franchise+North/7212269/story.html

The Toronto Maple Leafs did not fare very well in a recent ESPN Magazine poll. The publication recently released its 2012 Ultimate Standings, which ranks every franchise in the NFL, NHL, NBA and Major League Baseball. Out of the 122 teams included in the survey, the Leafs ranked dead last.

The Ultimate Standings measures teams on eight different metrics: "bang for the buck, "fan relations," "ownership," "affordability," "stadium experience," "players," "coaching" and title track."

The Maple Leafs failed to rank in the top 100 in any of the survey's eight categories. Last year, they finished 120th, ahead of only the Washington Redskins and Cincinnati Bengals.

You would never guess it from all of the media coverage that they get. It did make me laugh a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey only gave it to the Maple Leaves because they can't give it to the Blue Jackets every year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

The Leafs give good value in the amusement stakes though. I actually feel a little sorry them most of the time. Bless 'em. They're like the little retarded kid who tries his hardest but always spectacularly fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

harsh on the Leafs, they have some great players like Lupul and Kessel and the "stadium experience" isn't bad, I was at a game last season and it was pretty cool, I would suggest it was more exciting and interesting than the Blue Jays and the Raptors, the 2 other Toronto sides included in this poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

leafs are always the butt of every hockey joke..

been a leafs fan my whole life, but since moving to ireland (and lack of digital tv) i've not really bothered following them. i hear they're tripe these days though. :(
    still. have to support my boys in blue :D

Advertisement