Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free backing tracks?

Options
  • 10-09-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know a website where I could download backing tracks for free? Is there such a thing? I'm doing Cockles and Mussels with my class at the moment so looking for that first.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Nozzer wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know a website where I could download backing tracks for free? Is there such a thing? I'm doing Cockles and Mussels with my class at the moment so looking for that first.

Many thanks!

Hi Nozzer
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention (advertise) specific websites on this forum, but if you 'google' 'free backing tracks for traditional Irish songs', you could be on your way.
    Look for 'Molly Malone', which is the song's 'proper' title.
    Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nozzer

Cheers for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ballinue

If you contact me I can give you link to a site where you will find all the Irish midi files you need for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Nozzer wrote: »
    Hi,

Many thanks!

If you get stuck, I have about 6,000 karaoke backing tracks, including a lot of Irish material, with Cockles and Mussels amongst them. I'm not sure how it would work as an email attachment, it might work ok but I could also burn it to a cd if you like and pop it in the post.

Advertisement