Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Style

Options
  • 10-09-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    The parents are looking for an American Style Fridge Freezer. they have a budget of about 900-1000.
    Preferences are as follows:
    Colour-Silver/Stainless Steel
    Water+ Ice Dispensor
    Noise level to as quite as can be
    Some what decent cooling system
    I have absolutly no idea where to look but in my opinion I would go for two larder appliences but the mother wants the water and ice all in one compact system.
    Any help/info by all means do not hesitate. Thanks Skinny:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eddie.g

i spotted a samsung one in harvey norman for around 860 the other week.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    The parents are looking for an American Style Fridge Freezer. they have a budget of about 900-1000.
    Preferences are as follows:
    Colour-Silver/Stainless Steel
    Water+ Ice Dispensor
    Noise level to as quite as can be
    Some what decent cooling system
    I have absolutly no idea where to look but in my opinion I would go for two larder appliences but the mother wants the water and ice all in one compact system.
    Any help/info by all means do not hesitate. Thanks Skinny:D

Side by sides are not really compact. I don't have a cold line near my fridge, so wasn't a decision I had to make. :)

My mother wanted a big fridge like that. We used to live in the states and I think she justs wants some of that back, but she lives alone. One person shouldn't be having a fridge that big. Waste of space. Waste of power. Waste of food.

Try harvey norman and a couple of other locals. See what they recommend. Bosch get good recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I would recommend Bosch but they're out of your budget if you want water and ice.

LG are meant to be decent. A number of people rubbished Samsung when we were looking to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Charlie_tee

I had a Samsung when i was in the UK which needed to be connected to water line. Was good though.
    I'm going for a Beko this time as I wanted a black one and it had decent reviews.
    Check out Currys they do have some good deals and you could probably get what you want for under €900.

Advertisement