Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Help Please! Calculating age between 2 dates - for 1300 people

Options
  • 10-09-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi. Doing a bit of data collection for a wee research project. Part of what i'm interested in is how old a particular person was when they came in to us. What i have in my excel document is a column of 1300 peoples DOB (in european date format in the cell function options) and a column of dates (also european date format) corresponding to any particular persons DOB. I am able to automatically calculate any individual's Age in years using the excel 'YEARFRAC' function. however, i'm stumped when it comes to applying this function to more than 1 person at a time. is it possible to do this? Googling has come up with plenty of pages explaining what i am already able to do, but none mention (that i can find) applying this function to large amounts of data.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Just copy the formula down. If you are having trouble with this for some reason then upload a sample table with just a few rows of data and someone will advise better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

move your mouse to the bottom right hand corner of the cell where the formula is, double click it, it will automatically copy itself to the end of the column - if the formula is in adjacent cells

what i mean is, if you have the data in column a up to row 250, the formula should be in column b
    then click and it'll fill up to row 250 itself

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭brianiac

amazing! genius! thank you! you've saved me so much time - thanks for the replies!

Advertisement