Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus and Rent allowance

Options
  • 10-09-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey,

I was wondering about doing the Erasmus this year and I am on BTEA and receiving the Rent allowance too.
    I have been told that the BTEA is fine with a student going away for 3/4 months and they will still make payments but what about the rent allowance......Do they they still continue payments.

I mean i am not goin to move home to france with everything i own for 3/4 months. just work experience as it is part of my 3rd year.

Has anyone any ideas. i tried my local rent allowance and they say NO that you only get 2 weeks holiday allowance to be out of the country, but surely its possible to keep payments if its for college. please help anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brokenaudio

Hey, just wondering if you've have any luck with this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 1sparkey

HI ,

I tried to get this last year and was told I would have to give up my flat and find a new one when I get back. Very practical ! Hope you had more luck and let me know if you do. Also if anyone has been able to travel overseas during the summer for college related things , i.e, field work experience. Could you get your BTEA and rent allowance

Advertisement