Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE F228 - Discussion thread

Options
  • 10-09-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

as per the rules... :)

Any questions???? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The best way for telling whether the frame is metal or plastic is to get a blade at it - inside the magwell so you can't see it, but that will tell you very fast.

Nice review! I still think their dimensions look way off...there's something just not quite right about it - like the trigger guard is too square, or something.

It's nice to see the Sig Series getting more attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

have you managed to get it on a chrono and check power/consistancy? also how many shots per fill of gas do you get?
    sorry for all the questions

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

Hi Thermo.

I only received it this morning - and I was supposed to be working today as well!! :D

No, I didn't get a chance to chrono it properly mate, my next outing is on saturday week, which will be the next chance I'll get to do it. I'll do the number of bbs/gas fill test later in the week.. just for you bud ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

T.C. wrote: »
    Hi Thermo.

I only received it this morning - and I was supposed to be working today as well!! :D

No, I didn't get a chance to chrono it properly mate, my next outing is on saturday week, which will be the next chance I'll get to do it. I'll do the number of bbs/gas fill test later in the week.. just for you bud ;)

cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jackbauersa

Hi T.C

Great review, thanks! I'm curious to know how the Sig performed in the field. Any feedback on the how it performs? Looking forward to your update!

Jack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

Hi Jack,

To answer yours and at least one of Thermo's questions -

I used it in Tallaght CQB a couple of weeks ago and it performed well for me - reasonable range down the long corridors and a nice easy trigger pull for the bits that need multiple shots. It chrono'd at between 265 and 280.

I did say that the KJ Works p229 mags work in this - they do; just not as well as the one that comes with it. It wasn't exactly a scientific test, but although it fed ok, I did have a gas venting issue after a few shots. Don't quote me on it though - I'd need to be a bit more time to figure out what conditions it does it under.

Hope that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jackbauersa

Thanks T.C! Very helpful.

Just out of interest, would do you recon the maximum effective range of this pistol would be based on your longer down range shots? Also is the internal build quality good?

Jack

Advertisement