Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHILDRENS ACTIVITIES RATHFARNHAM

Options
  • 10-09-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

HI ALL,

I am just looking for advise , Iv a beautiful 5 yr old daughter who i adore more than anything- Iv recently moved up in Rathfarnam and Im ideally looking for her to get to know children around that area- I only get my daughter on weekends and a night during the week and i personally feel that she is missing out as she is spending time with her Dad (me) but id like to also improve on her confidence and not be as shy -to mix with other boys and girls- any good suggestions on what she can do around that area that would improve her social skills plus also make friends with boys or girls???

your help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Can I just throw this into the mix....you get your daughter for two full days at the weekend and one evening during the week, if that was me then I wouldnt be looking to put my child into some activity so she can make friends and spend even more time away from me, I would be spending all the time possible with her.

There is a great playground in Marley Park, kids play with kids in playgrounds maybe they dont make "friends" for life but you daughter probably wants to spend time with her daddy and not some random kid.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/parks/marlay_information.html

There is the pirate thing on over in Dundrum again kids will play with kids, in stillorgan there is the leisure plex with lots for kids to do.

http://www.piratesvillage.ie/

http://www.leisureplex.ie/home.php?page=home

Why not arrange a play date with one of her friends from school, you could bring them out for the day with her on one of these activities.

I understand what your trying to do with your child by most of the activities your hinting at tend to take place after school on the weekdays...maybe the one weekday you have her you could enrol her in a drama club, friends and confidence all in one and it doesnt take away your weekend together

http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/after-school-drama-dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Rathfarnham castle is great! It's all done up with a new playground and everything.

Marlay park is good too and everyone there is so lovely. You can go to the playground or just walk round with her on a scooter. She's bound to get talking to other kids.

I don't know of any playgroups sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MrBinbetweener

edellc wrote: »
    Can I just throw this into the mix....you get your daughter for two full days at the weekend and one evening during the week, if that was me then I wouldnt be looking to put my child into some activity so she can make friends and spend even more time away from me, I would be spending all the time possible with her.

There is a great playground in Marley Park, kids play with kids in playgrounds maybe they dont make "friends" for life but you daughter probably wants to spend time with her daddy and not some random kid.

your right and anytime i do have her i spend quality time with her and love her company - I just mean in a general sense being that if she is with her dad on weekends then she may miss out on playing with her friends from school and id like her to have a healthy balance (part of growing up)- friends where i live plus id be there in some form whether it be playin along or sittin in the background waiting for her if she needs me. I make every time with her special and long may that continue (until she turns a teen and rebels :) .

thanks for your info though and will look into the area a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Meadowbrook leisure centre is excellent and has a lovely pool.

St johns gaa club in ballinteer takes kids from 4 I think and I know the hockey clubs in the area (corinthians & three rock rovers) take them from 6 if she's almost 6??

I would recommend rathfarnham castle playground over marley for a 5 year old but that's just my opinion. Marley is brilliant but more for older kids

Welcome to the area!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Oh and check out ballyroan library. It's under renovation at the moment but is brilliant for children's activities

• Advertisement
Advertisement