Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken blade

Options
  • 10-09-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

broke the blade on my select paddles this weekend. :mad:
    hairline split across the back. Is it work trying to get it fixed?
    Anyone got blades fixed - happy with the results.
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Photo might help - personally would be reluctant to use a weekend paddle on whitewater, but on easier rivers It could be fine, depends on the nature of the damage really.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

uploaded image - crack is along back of blade - also visible on front.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Possedion wrote: »
    uploaded image - crack is along back of blade - also visible on front.
    :(

how did that happen?

doing a fancy move at stackallen, paddle got stuck between a rock and a hard place when I was rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Looks like a fair amount of force went into it - maybe got stuck between two rocks? Can easily happen unfortunately.

Afraid I don't think there is a fix for that, it wouldn't take much to break off the top of the blade given the crack goes the whole way through - which obviously wouldn't be good. To fix you'd have to come up with some type of support through the spine - don't think that would be practical possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭tphase

did similar damage to a blade a good few years ago and got it repaired. It has lasted well, no sign of it coming apart. You will need to find someone who's experienced working with carbon fibre who can do a neat job. Guy who did mine is long retired, only did it as a favour for a mutual friend so no point in giving you his details. Of course, you might be able to replace the blade - depends on whether or not you can unglue it from the shaft

thanks - I dropped an email to Select as paddle is just over a year old.
    they want me to send it back... maybe replace the blade.
    will let you know how I get on.
    That was real tidy job on the repair.

Advertisement