Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sloooooow Bosch washing machine > 3hr cycle

Options
  • 10-09-2012 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

My 9 year old Bosch Maxx 1000 WFL2080 washing machine has been getting slower and slower over the past year or so, to the point now that a standard 30 degree wash is taking over 3 hours to complete.

A friend advised me that it might be down to water pressure, so I have tried it on both mains water pressure and on water from my attic tank, but the cycle time stays the same. (For convenience of location, I have it connected to the water from the attic tank now).

I have taken out the filter on the bottom of the machine and rinsed it. It wasn't particularly gummed up, but there was a smell off stale water from it.

Other than water pressure, what can cause a machine to go slowly? Is there another filter in there somewhere that could be gummed up?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Is the machine having difficulty heating the water? That's usually a cause of slower cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 suite16

zinzan wrote: »
    Is the machine having difficulty heating the water? That's usually a cause of slower cycles.

Hadn't thought of that! How can I test if that is likely to be the cause? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Well if it's running ok being gravity fed from your attic tank, try hooking it up to your hot water supply (pressure should be similar) and see is it any quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 suite16

zinzan wrote: »
    Well if it's running ok being gravity fed from your attic tank, try hooking it up to your hot water supply (pressure should be similar) and see is it any quicker.

Thanks for the suggestion - checked yesterday and unfortunately it's a cold feed only machine, so I can't connect it to my hot supply without running the risk of overheating the water-in components. Would love to just go out and buy a new machine, but that's not an option at the moment.

What is the going rate does anyone know for a washing machine repair person to call and fix machines? Thanks...

Advertisement