Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beko Dryer - Not Heating

Options
  • 10-09-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Been having some issues with our dryer recently and am looking for any help in getting it sorted...

The first issue was that the motor stopped turning, I posted over in DIY about this and the solution was to replace the motor run capacitor, that's working fine now and the dryer spins.

However, it's no longer heating. I inadvertently knocked the heating element during disassembly to replace the motor capacitor and damaged the core in the middle which supports the actual metal element, however I've checked with a multimeter and it is still conducting from both ends of the element with a relatively low resistance (couple of hundred ohms)

I was going to replace the heating element, but based on the multimeter test, it should be OK, so don't want to spend ~50euro on a new element if that is not going to fix the problem.

Any suggestions on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Anyone? really stuck without a dryer at the moment... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Not 100% on the model but you may have a thermal trip that has activated and needs to be reset, it the motor stops running then so to does the fan, this can cause overheating and so trip the hi stat, check on the heater itself for a stat with a push button reset or it could be on the hot air ducting.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Maybe its because its a Beko fridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Not 100% on the model but you may have a thermal trip that has activated and needs to be reset, it the motor stops running then so to does the fan, this can cause overheating and so trip the hi stat, check on the heater itself for a stat with a push button reset or it could be on the hot air ducting.
    Hope that helps.

Yup, right there on the back of the thermostat, a little button to reset it, between the two tabs where the cables connect, so it's really difficult to see.

Managed to confirm the dryer is working OK and the heating element was heating (once I reset the thermostat). The core which supports the element got physically damaged when I first disassembled the dryer (clumsy me) so I've gone ahead and ordered a replacement, once I fit that we can finally catch up on the slightly overflowing laundry basket :D

Thanks for the help

Advertisement