Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 storey stairs

Options
  • 10-09-2012 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, new to boards.ie!! Just looking for some help. Currently looking at purchasing a 3 storey house which is not completed in Tipp area. As 3 storeys ( top floor has 2 bedrooms & landing) i'm aware there are fire regulations, meaning i will have to put in hardwood stairs & firedoors. However an engineer I spoke to informally mentioned fire escapes ( visions of batpolls went through my head at this stage) & extra fire proofing in walls & floors. Wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this & could offer some advice. Also anyone have ideas re prices for stairsfor 2 floors, both straight standard size to start!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We have manufactured stairs for 3 stories, the specs were hardwood strings and fire rated 25 mm MDF threads and 18 mm fire rated MDF risers.

We had a problem sourcing 25 MM fire rated MDF , so we had to laminate 18 MM with 12 MM. (we prefer 30 MM steps for strength anyways.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sanjy80

Thanks galwayrush
    Could you pm your details & we could contact regarding stairs.
    Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

I'd say fire escapes will be something along the lines of a 1200 low level velux window with one of those chain ladders attached to the wall inside.

Advertisement