Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zanussi washing machine

Options
  • 10-09-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

My washing machine has got noisy, I thought he bearings were gone. The machine is about 8 years old.

When I examined the machine I noticed there was not the usual roughness of a worn bearing.

I noticed there was movement in the drum in a horizontal direction along the shaft of about 1/2 inch. It is like something holding the drum in place has got loose.

The back panel of the machine is one piece and ther is no way to access the rear of the drum.

Any ideas or is it nackered.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Sounds like the drum support/spider is cracked in one or more places.

This will require a drum support, bearing kit and seals, in short and expensive fix, on an 8 yr old machine, uneconomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks Billy,

I was thinking that.

I can get an equivalent machine for about 350, so I think that's the option.

Advertisement