Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy small quantities of wall tiles

Options
  • 09-09-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Not too sure where is the best place to post this, but I'll start off here and maybe somebody can guide me ? I need a few additional wall tiles for my Mum's bathroom which was tiled about 5 years ago. The place we originally bought them from doesn't seem to exist anymore unfortunately. Does anybody have any ideas where I can buy end of life tiles and in small quantities (I only need 3 really). Fortunately the tiles are just plain white (gloss) but are 8x14 inches - so worst case scenario I can just buy some white tiles of a similar size, but where can I get them in such small quantities ?

I'm living in Dublin but my Mum is in the west (Mayo/Galway) so ideally I'm looking in either of these locations.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Call into tile shops. Sounds daft but they sell them by the yard to the nearest box. Alternatively call into B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

never knew that, I'll try some of the tile shops around. Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 31 suite16

Not too sure where is the best place to post this, but I'll start off here and maybe somebody can guide me ? I need a few additional wall tiles for my Mum's bathroom which was tiled about 5 years ago. The place we originally bought them from doesn't seem to exist anymore unfortunately. Does anybody have any ideas where I can buy end of life tiles and in small quantities (I only need 3 really). Fortunately the tiles are just plain white (gloss) but are 8x14 inches - so worst case scenario I can just buy some white tiles of a similar size, but where can I get them in such small quantities ?

I'm living in Dublin but my Mum is in the west (Mayo/Galway) so ideally I'm looking in either of these locations.

Thanks in advance

B&Q and Homebase sell tiles. You'd get plain white ones for about €10/12 a sq m.

hmm .... thought I'd already replied to this ! Anyway, thanks very much for the reply, I'll try some local tile shops and see how I get on

arggh !! Looks like I had replied !! Thanks for the extra info suite16 - don't suppose you know what dimensions those tiles would be in ? I don't know if the ones I'm looking for would be considered a common size or not .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 suite16

arggh !! Looks like I had replied !! Thanks for the extra info suite16 - don't suppose you know what dimensions those tiles would be in ? I don't know if the ones I'm looking for would be considered a common size or not .....

You'll be lucky to find an exact match, but it's certainly worth trying.

Here is a link to all of the white tiles in B&Q.

If there's nothing good there, visit a few local tile shops with your dimensions and ideally a sample of one of the existing tiles for comparison.

Personally, unless you can find an exact match, or a contrasting tile that looks nice with the existing tiles, I'd be inclined to remove the existing tiles and start again.

Advertisement