Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zune Sync with Windows Phones

Options
  • 09-09-2012 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm interested in anyone having used Zune with their Windows Phone? Can you tell me about it? I've DLd the program but are you happy, is it easy, does it do everything you want? Is it a proper iTunes replacement?

I'm with Android at the moment, but I like the look of Zune, it seems pretty feature-full and it seems like it would sync with Windows Phone as well as an iPod with iTunes. Android, for me, offers no combination as good as like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Well I really like it. It has a nice interface and is really easy to use- Lumia 800 is my first smartphone, but it took me no time at all to figure it out, drag items to the phone and create playlists. It syncs everytime you plug the phone into the laptop/PC, but I'm sure that's standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It only syncs stufd with windows phone and zune.

Its ok. Did cause a few moments of fustration back in the early days but so does itunes

Seeing as I buy my music from iTunes i just make playlists on that and use Zune to Sync those :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

This is good to know! I like to watch these techs. develop and I really like the PC Zune software. Now it fits like a glove with Win 8. I might venture out for a Windows Phone next and it's critical that the music sync process is well thought out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sea08

I wouldn't get too used to the Zune player, it is getting scrapped with the new release of windows phone 8! Zune as a brand is being retired and replaced with xBox music.

So they will have a new app for this alongside the wp8 launch. Very little is known about the new app however, and what functionality it supports.

Shame as I've had a Zune for over 4 years now and had a Zune HD, a criminally underrated device. Zune music pass was pretty good too but it seems like it too is also going to be retired.

This is all that is known about the new companion app for the phone for windows 8
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/3/3287518/windows-8-companion-app-windows-phone-8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Music pass is not being retired. Its going to be renamed too under Xbox music brand too.

We still don't know what's going on with Zone or rebranding so will have to wait and see :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement