Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can wheelie bins be recycled

Options
  • 09-09-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

thinking of throwing them into mungret recycling on tuesday. will they take them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sav1980

why not just call the company you got them off of? I'm sure they'd be happy to take them back. I've done this before when I changed bin collection services.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

I have done that too with Mr Binman. They are delighted to take them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

i might ring them. the only thing is i dont want to draw the salesperson on to me, as she is very pushy i like to avoid being rude if i can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MirLou

I'd love to have those wheelie bins if they are still looking a home - don't ever throw out such as can be so useful for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

I doubt that they are yours to recycle or sell - most likely they are the property of your refuse service company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

yup, when you cancel they usually expect to collect them, you could end up charged for them if you scrap them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

MirLou wrote: »
    I'd love to have those wheelie bins if they are still looking a home - don't ever throw out such as can be so useful for anything.
    zuroph wrote: »
    yup, when you cancel they usually expect to collect them, you could end up charged for them if you scrap them.

I'd love to offer you my 240 + 360 Litre bins as bin co. won't collect them despite me ringing 3 separate times (over 8 months....) asking etc. - I just want them gone.....

- Anyone have an idea at what point I could legally stand my ground and refuse to babysit their property any longer and dispose of them???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

pm sent.
    Could collect them tomorrow with truck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

they picked them up a few days after i rang them. was much quicker than i expected.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Raiser wrote: »
    I'd love to offer you my 240 + 360 Litre bins as bin co. won't collect them despite me ringing 3 separate times (over 8 months....) asking etc. - I just want them gone.....

- Anyone have an idea at what point I could legally stand my ground and refuse to babysit their property any longer and dispose of them???

I'd call them and tell them they'll be outside your door for a week. Either they collect them, or you say they got stolen.

You know how the recycling bins say they take plasic? And the bins themselves are made of plastic? Could you not stack one on top of someone's recycling bin?
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement