Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG AUG A1 or A2

Options
  • 09-09-2012 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

I'm deciding to buy either one of the two when I get enough cash. I've already held and had a go with the A1 and it was really up to my standards, very comfortable to hold and ROF was nice. Never seen a A2. However, I have a few problems.

With the A1, if a pellet was to hit the glass and shatter, how hard would it be to get a replacement. A friend told me that the glass was thick enough not to break, but if it was to, I'd prefer to have the A2 so that I can just swap the sight. Should I really worry about this? My right eye is a bit weaker and I shoot right-handed but the 1.5x does the job perfect, improves my sight more rather than a red dot.

As with the A1 and A2, when my friend had the A1 the outer barrel (Metal half) came straight off at the point where the gas tube is and he couldn't re-attach it, not sure if he took out the outer barrel (Plastic half) to check and see what was wrong. Would this be another thing to worry about?

As far as internals and battery goes, I know the rest. I've opened a V.3 twice and it's simple to work on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

honestly, I don't think you have to worry about the lens breaking, it's rpetty thick and relatively small. not only does it's size make is harder to hit, but also makes it stronger. Personally I'd go for the A2 (well really I'd go for the A3 but :rolleyes:)
    if you want the magnification of the A1, just put a scope on the A2, then if you're going CQB, throw a RDS onto it, the A2 is far more versatile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

T4RGET wrote: »
    honestly, I don't think you have to worry about the lens breaking, it's rpetty thick and relatively small. not only does it's size make is harder to hit, but also makes it stronger. Personally I'd go for the A2 (well really I'd go for the A3 but :rolleyes:)
    if you want the magnification of the A1, just put a scope on the A2, then if you're going CQB, throw a RDS onto it, the A2 is far more versatile.

If only I had the money for a A3...:(

Unfortunately I don't, so either the AUG A1 or A2 will have to do the job for now.

As I mentioned, I'd prefer the A1 over the A2, as my right eye is weaker and the 1.5x does the job perfectly. If I was to use a red dot on the other hand, my sight would be really messed up. If I put an ACOG on a A2, it isn't my thing, maybe a 3.4x so that's something to consider.

As long as the A1 sight wouldn't go cha bang on me I'm happy, besides, the A1 is just too sexy:D

If only I had the money for a A3...:(

Unfortunately I don't, so either the AUG A1 or A2 will have to do the job for now.

As I mentioned, I'd prefer the A1 over the A2, as my right eye is weaker and the 1.5x does the job perfectly. If I was to use a red dot on the other hand, my sight would be really messed up. If I put an ACOG on a A2, it isn't my thing, maybe a 3.4x so that's something to consider.

As long as the A1 sight wouldn't go cha bang on me I'm happy, besides, the A1 is just too sexy:D

the A1 is nice but in my mind, the A2 is better as it has the rails, what about using a rifle scope?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Dont get the A3 as it is way to front heavy, yes it is very sexy looking and comes with metal bushings and a Mosfet as standard but for me it is spoiled by being way out of balance
    One of the nice things about the AUG is the it is almost perfectly balanced to be carried single handed and any AEG that can be carried one handed is much faster at acquiring the target quickly as your lead hand only has to point the muzzle and not support the weight of the AEG an asset in CQB where speed is all important

If you want an AUG with a front rail system then go for the AUG A4 which has a slightly shorter and much lighter alloy rail system

PS I currently have 4 AUGs

T4RGET wrote: »
    the A1 is nice but in my mind, the A2 is better as it has the rails, what about using a rifle scope?

Still wouldn't suit me, nearly as bad as an ACOG. The only thing that would suit me would be either the 3.4x or a C-More Red Dot, which would be a last resort.

Example (Except the H-BAR kit):
    DSC_0169.jpg

• Advertisement

After much think I'm deciding to get the AUG A2 but I'm looking for a good red dot or scope like an ACOG or 3.4x, anyone know a good one that would go with a A2?

The Elcan scope seems to do the job, not a bad price for it as well. Is the G&P version a 4x rather than a 3.4x?

The Elcan scope seems to do the job, not a bad price for it as well. Is the G&P version a 4x rather than a 3.4x?

yup, that's what it says in the description. pretty strange really. there is also a 4x magnification ACOG on Hobby's website.

Advertisement