Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on SUSI and paying fees

Options
  • 09-09-2012 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Yes, another SUSI thread :rolleyes:
    Not sure what I should do, please someone shed some light!
    Waiting on SUSI for any word back on my application (for postgrad), and I have to pay my fees asap.
    Should I pay my fees now? and if I am entitled to anything from the SUSI (which I know pay the college directly) will I get a refund?
    Or I have the option of paying half fees now and the rest of the fees later, should I do that and then if I get approval from SUSI that can cover the rest of my fees? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes, another SUSI thread :rolleyes:
    Not sure what I should do, please someone shed some light!
    Waiting on SUSI for any word back on my application (for postgrad), and I have to pay my fees asap.
    Should I pay my fees now? and if I am entitled to anything from the SUSI (which I know pay the college directly) will I get a refund?
    Or I have the option of paying half fees now and the rest of the fees later, should I do that and then if I get approval from SUSI that can cover the rest of my fees? :confused:

I would suggest holding out and waiting. Tell the college you are waiting on SUSI and see what their response is. If they say they want them ASAP then maybe pay them - if you get the SUSI grant then you will get a refund

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭head_honcho

I would suggest holding out and waiting. Tell the college you are waiting on SUSI and see what their response is. If they say they want them ASAP then maybe pay them - if you get the SUSI grant then you will get a refund

Really appreciate that mango salsa, had no idea what to do for the best! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12 camusflage

Hi there, I'm enquiring on behalf of a friend who wants to start a postgrad this year. She is in a similar situation as the OP and is wondering whether or not she can postpone the grant (if she gets it) until January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭saltyporridge

camusflage wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm enquiring on behalf of a friend who wants to start a postgrad this year. She is in a similar situation as the OP and is wondering whether or not she can postpone the grant (if she gets it) until January?

There are a number of courses that start after Christmas - she should apply to SUSI now clearly indicating her start date and they would facilitate payment of her fees after her start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 camusflage

Thanks saltyporridge!

• Advertisement
Advertisement