Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matching up coupons with special offers

Options
  • 09-09-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Is there any thread for matching up coupons to store special offers,
    Example
    Toastie bread, 2 for €2.50 in tesco, use 2 pigs back €1 off coupons from pigsback, get it for 50 cent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭brian_t

frankmul wrote: »
    Example
    Toastie bread, 2 for €2.50 in tesco, use 2 pigs back €1 off coupons from pigsback, get it for 50 cent

It's done regularly in the Current Pigsback Vouchers thread.

There isn't currently a €1 off coupon from pigsback for Toastie bread. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭frankmul

I hadn't checked pigsback in a while, I creat a PDF copy of the coupons I like and then I just print off new ones as I need them as long as they are in date. Pigsback removing them doesn't affect me. The toastie voucher I have is still good till the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

but each coupon needs to have their unique number. No pigspack coupon can be the very same.

So u have copied pigspack coupon to PDF lots of times?
    Otherwise you can't use the same coupon over-and-over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Example

I think a separate thread is in order for these as searching through the pigsback thread is nightmare - plus these offers come and go o, so its a good idea to post the date in the thread title. I'd posted one awhile back last time tesco had the offer on: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80195409&postcount=1

I've hopefully got enough of the toastie vouchers to last me to the end of the year - thanks for the heads up on the current offer.

stirliz wrote: »
    but each coupon needs to have their unique number. No pigspack coupon can be the very same.

So u have copied pigspack coupon to PDF lots of times?
    Otherwise you can't use the same coupon over-and-over again.

Instead of printing the coupons, I creat a PDF file and then I print the PDF file. Any time I want more coupons, I just open the file and print some more. Never had any trouble using them. Maybe I'm just lucky

• Advertisement

donnacha wrote: »
    I've hopefully got enough of the toastie vouchers to last me to the end of the year - thanks for the heads up on the current offer.

Donnacha, you seemed to have done this before. My question is can you use more than 1 coupon with the toastie offer. I had a number of different coupons to use at the same time so it is hard to tell if they took the 2 for the bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Instead of printing the coupons, I creat a PDF file and then I print the PDF file. Any time I want more coupons, I just open the file and print some more. Never had any trouble using them. Maybe I'm just lucky

Stores wont say anything to you because they dont check the unique number but it is clearly in the terms and conditions of pigsback because of the unique number it can be classed as a photocopy. If you do print of a pdf of the coupons its nothing to print off several and store them, like I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Donnacha, you seemed to have done this before. My question is can you use more than 1 coupon with the toastie offer. I had a number of different coupons to use at the same time so it is hard to tell if they took the 2 for the bread.

Its no problem using two coupons with the bread offer - when I'm doing a coupon shop I could be using 10 or more coupons at one time.
    daytob wrote: »
    Stores wont say anything to you because they dont check the unique number but it is clearly in the terms and conditions of pigsback because of the unique number it can be classed as a photocopy. If you do print of a pdf of the coupons its nothing to print off several and store them, like I do.

I think Daytob has addressed this for you frankmul - whats important to remember is that each pigsback has a unique coupon code each time you send to the printer. So if you want to store as pdfs you need to store multiple copies. Stores will accept but once they go back to pigsback they get rejected which ultimately could lend towards the situation previously where stores stopped accepting them for a time due to 'abuse'.

Appologies for my mistake, now that how it works has benn explained, it's clear that my short term gain, would be everyone's long term loss. Pity though, just after spotting Ribera at half price in Supervalu, the coupons are no longer on pigsback and I'm not sure if any of my coupons are valid. Half price is better that full price though. I'll get more individual coupons next time.

Advertisement