Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LLB Law

• 09-09-2012 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi

Would anyone know if you get Manuals from the college for Full time LLB Law

I believe you get manuals for your subjects in the Part Time stream

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

showit wrote: »
    Hi

Would anyone know if you get Manuals from the college for Full time LLB Law

I believe you get manuals for your subjects in the Part Time stream

Thanks

The undergrad law school and professional law schools are separate entities. I think Constitutional Law PT used to get something in the part time class but it wasn't the GCD manual per se. Some of the lecture notes given in class would be quite similar to the manuals but in other subjects they bear no resemblance what so ever.

One last point - the Undergrad syllabus is narrower but deeper than the FE1 or Kings Inns would be. You'd be expected to read more articles and more text books than you would for the KI from what I've been told.

If you have to by manuals get one for Tort. The lecturer is fairly new and the notes given out aren't the best in all honesty. Contract note are excellent - just write down the case law when it get dictated parrot fashion. This is only a first year exercise the lecturer goes though. It's to keep some quite rowdy students in line. Didn't work with us :D

Constitutional Law - New Lecturer no clue what the notes will be like but you are expected to know a lot of academic commentary if you want a high 2.1 or First. Intro to Law and Legal Skills - by the book - its great reference. To be frank Intro is half a module at best its just an ease in exercise. Well apart from the moot which scares the crap out of everyone.

TL;DR? No you don't get manuals.

Advertisement