Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music in Mary I

Options
  • 08-09-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone here has done music as part of their BA and what you thought of it? :) And where could I find an example of last years music entrance exam? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

I didn't do Music as a BA subject but from what I've heard from those in the BA programme, reviews seem to be positive with few complaints. There seems to be quite a bit of music theory and history (although I'm open to correction).

There's a small amount of information on the Music Department here. There's also an email address on that page which might be useful. Even if you just have a personal (and not academic) interest in music, there are some nice facilities in the college.

If you're in 1st year, head along to some of the music lectures scheduled next week. You'll get a small flavour of what is studied at third level and it'll be a good opportunity to ask questions.

Advertisement