Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobbyking Uk Store Now Shipping To Ireland

Options
  • 08-09-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

As per title ,you can now get planes,batteries etc from the Uk store.Now all we need is good weather to fly :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

There goes my credit card...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Shipping costs the same though as from HK. Probably faster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

its about time because i kept emailing hobbyking for them to ship to ireland from the uk store open sense it open

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

Its about dang time ;) , i always ordered from DE if in stock otherwise most times through Hong Kong. Now I'll be even faster out of money lol :D - Has anyone tested delivery times yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Best news ever. Put in order today (17/9/12). Hong Kong usually took about 10 days, so awaiting this one with interest. :D
    This is a boxed artf.
    Update:

19-09-2012 18:16 Ipswich Depot Forwarded for processing
    19-09-2012 16:11 Ipswich Depot Collected from customer
    19-09-2012 10:16 WDM Online

• Advertisement

I currently have 3 orders open - all of which ordered yesterday night

=== 17/09/2012 ===

1 for Germany - using GLS - Status: Shipped (Tracking active currently in Hamburg)
    1 for UK - using ParcelForce - Status: Printed (with email received soon to be shipped)
    1 for HongKong - using EMS Express - Status: Printed

The order for Germany has already switched to Shipped.
    HongKong and UK remain "Printed" but I already received the note that the UK one will be shipped soon.

=== 18/09/2012 10am ===

- Items from HongKong have now been shipped
    - Order for the UK is still "Printed"
    - Order for Germany has moved from Hamburg to Neuenstein (for whatever reason :O )

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Update Order placed 17/9/12:

Delivered this morning in good shape. 21/9/12. Happy with that :-)

20-09-2012 16:29 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Received in destination country
    19-09-2012 23:50 International Hub Forwarded for export
    19-09-2012 18:16 Ipswich Depot Forwarded for processing
    19-09-2012 16:11 Ipswich Depot Collected from customer
    19-09-2012 10:16 WDM Online

privilegue wrote: »
    I currently have 3 orders open - all of which ordered yesterday night

=== 17/09/2012 ===

1 for Germany - using GLS - Status: Shipped (Tracking active currently in Hamburg)
    1 for UK - using ParcelForce - Status: Printed (with email received soon to be shipped)
    1 for HongKong - using EMS Express - Status: Printed

The order for Germany has already switched to Shipped.
    HongKong and UK remain "Printed" but I already received the note that the UK one will be shipped soon.

=== 18/09/2012 10am ===

- Items from HongKong have now been shipped
    - Order for the UK is still "Printed"
    - Order for Germany has moved from Hamburg to Neuenstein (for whatever reason :O )

=== UPDATE 21/09/2012 ===

Warehouse HongKong: (EMS Express) order has arrived @10am today!
    --
    Warehouse UK: (Parcelforce)
    21-09-2012 07:43 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Loaded to vehicle for delivery
    --
    Warehouse Germany: (GLS)
    19/09/2012 21:54 GB0100 , United Kingdom 1.0 Outbound from GLS location
    ===

So there you have it, express from HongKong was faster than UK or Germany for that matter. The delivery from Germany wont probably arrive until monday, as there has been no update to the tracker. The UK order will arrive today I suppose as of 12:40am I have yet to receive anything from them. :rolleyes:

=== UPDATE 23/09/2012 ===
    All items delivered excluding the one from Germany which is going to arrive Monday 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Has their shipping generally been reasonably fast to Ireland?
    Ordered 3 quadcopter batteries from them a couple of days ago and stuck with only 1 until they arrive.

From the UK 1 week. e.g. 5 working days, see my post above it tells you how long each item took with standard delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Doing some browsing on the HK site, noticed shipping from the Netherlands warehouse to ireland works out around half of the UK shipping cost.
    Might come in handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

civdef wrote: »
    Doing some browsing on the HK site, noticed shipping from the Netherlands warehouse to ireland works out around half of the UK shipping cost.
    Might come in handy.

Yea I had to get a few parts for the tractor project. Dearer from UK than hong kong. Faster though, when in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

i ordered a few lipos from HK on march 3rd and they still havent arrived. even used the UK warehouse !!
    it says they are being sent parcel force from the UK to here ,so those of you who have used HK can you tell me , who handles the delivery once in Ireland?

didnt realise the order would take this long to reach me

BTW, all i have is an order number, is there a way for me to track this order online ?
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

I have received a few orders from the uk warehouse all arrive two days after I get dispatched email.On your order page on hobbyking you should have a tracking number beside your order id something like "EK123456789GB" which you can on www.parcelforce.com/.

I would contact them aswell it defiantly shouldn't take this long to arrive

thanks
    ive now tracked it don and its held in the depot here in ireland by the " delivery agent"
    i wonder do you know which courier handles this ?
    many thanks , youve been very helpful

Its Parcel force ring them because sometimes when they make a deliver they ring you and if you don't answer them they will bring the package back to the depot.

its GLS. sittin in depot in knock !

eirlink wrote: »
    its GLS. sittin in depot in knock !

Strange I thought it was only parcelfore they used

Advertisement