Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AA / CA ?

Options
  • 08-09-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

AA is Alcoholics Anoymous to some, Automobile Association to other. I'm going to form CA - Carholics Anoymous , dedicated to those who look at DD ad and say 'I can save that pile of rust once I get it home' :D:D
    I'll be the founder member, have 8 yolks looking at me in the garden today - which one do I preserve and which to sell , and WHEN will I finish the house as well :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Capri wrote: »
    AA is Alcoholics Anoymous to some, Automobile Association to other. I'm going to form CA - Carholics Anoymous , dedicated to those who look at DD ad and say 'I can save that pile of rust once I get it home' :D:D
    I'll be the founder member, have 8 yolks looking at me in the garden today - which one do I preserve and which to sell , and WHEN will I finish the house as well :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::D:D

Tell us what the 8 looking at you are and we can help you decide what deserves redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

bbsrs wrote: »
    Tell us what the 8 looking at you are and we can help you decide what deserves redemption.

Excellent idea ..... line 'em up, Im ready

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Yep, we need to see the depth of your addiction before we can give helpful and meaningful advice (or not.............. :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Admitting you have a problem is the "road" to the solution :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Hi everyone......My names Max and i'm a caraholic.............:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Great idea this. Nothing like a spot of group therapy eh?

Ok Capri, in your own time, when did you begin to feel you were a bit different ..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

unfit2006 wrote: »

Ok Capri, in your own time, when did you begin to feel you were a bit different ..:D

Aaaah, I think it was when I wouldn't eat my Mother's apple pie if I hadn't first run my Dinky/Corgi over the top pastry before it was put in the oven (6 y.o. :eek: )
    THEN, my English uncle used to bring me over The Observer's Book of Automobiles 1963 was my first one :rolleyes:
    http://books.google.ie/books?id=_CNRMAEACAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=editions:UOM49015001357681&lr=
    After that I bought my first car Austin A40 Cambridge RIK 789 I think , aged 10 for £7 from the garage beside me - 'His youngest customer' :D ...... to be continued when I got my Provisional on my 17th birthday .......

unfit2006 wrote: »

Aaaah, I think it was when I wouldn't eat my Mother's apple pie if I hadn't first run my Dinky/Corgi over the top pastry before it was put in the oven (6 y.o. :eek: )
    THEN, my English uncle used to bring me over The Observer's Book of Automobiles 1963 was my first one :rolleyes:
    http://books.google.ie/books?id=_CNRMAEACAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=editions:UOM49015001357681&lr=
    After that I bought my first car Austin A40 Cambridge RIK 789 I think , aged 10 for £7 from the garage beside me - 'His youngest customer' :D ...... to be continued when I got my Provisional on my 17th birthday .......

Didn't anybody notice something was wrong when your first choice of car was an Austin, the warning signs were there if only they had stopped you earlier ...........

Unfortunately, nobody can stop me, once I'm fired up I'm like a guided missile to my target . :p:p:p

Unfortunately, nobody can stop me, once I'm fired up I'm like a guided missile to my target . :p:p:p

When guided missiles arrive at the target it's usually a disaster zone very shortly afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

A40 Cambridge. :eek: The warning signs were there right enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

Hi Capri, I think I will qualify to join your club,with 5 W123, 3 W126, 2 ,190, & Porche 924, for good measure, definitely a worse addiction than drink, and I do like my pint too. Remember, the house will always will be there, when you get around to doing what needs to be done. Just enjoy your cars, if you have a bed to sleep in, why worry!!

My 'bed' is a Toyota Starlet recliner, dead comfy.:eek:
    Pity about the weather in this poxy land, used to have a 6 car storage and 1 car workshop back in the day, now they're all outdoors. ( Covered a Country Squire with tarp one time but NOT a good idea :( ) MIGHT get building a bit of a 'carport' to at least keep the rain off - the weather this year HAS NOT been conducive to even T-cutting them - tho I'm luckier than most, IF the sun shines I can get out and do a bit, when it rains I just go to work :cool:
    ( Matt, had a bit of a 'water leak' inside the E, was ready to strip dash to replace header tank, but Merc forum advised me to unblock 2 EVAP drains on tranny tunnel, seems to have worked so far TG ) :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I'm addicted to V8 powered Birmabright :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

What help for those of us with no job, no money and the discovery that the one you want got away? :(

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    What help for those of us with no job, no money and the discovery that the one you want got away? :(

You ARE the lucky one !!!;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I suppose.:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement