Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac noob whats his hotmail :(

Options
  • 08-09-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

So mac's, they dont like hotmail eh? What I have gathered so far is hotmail uses pop3 and doesnt support IMAP but it does do exchange sync thing for mobiles. I dont plan on switching away from hotmail because it works fine and gmail looks like a dog :p I have tried mbox but some emails I get some I dont and they delay even when I do receive them.

What are other people doing with their hotmail accounts?? Also is there any good apps while were at it that I should get??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I have a hotmail account and it works fine on my Mac. What issues are you having ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Gave it a look the like, IZY mail seems to be really old cant see any updates on it for a while is it still going??

Prob im having Ken is hotmial doesnt support IMAP only pop3. I need something that updates the server because when I read emails on my phone I need the to show up as read and stuff. POP3 would only mark them as read on the device I read it on which wouldn't be much help for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

dont use hotmail then. use gmail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Doylers wrote: »
    Gave it a look the like, IZY mail seems to be really old cant see any updates on it for a while is it still going??

Prob im having Ken is hotmial doesnt support IMAP only pop3. I need something that updates the server because when I read emails on my phone I need the to show up as read and stuff. POP3 would only mark them as read on the device I read it on which wouldn't be much help for me.
    You can use active sync to sync message flags between mac and hotmail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Outlook and Mac Mail work perfectly with Hotmail. Same with the other email clients out there like Sparrow.

I have used a few and I prefer Mac Mail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

I don't use any webmail at all. It's a popular target for hackers because so many people do use it.

Advertisement