Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Supplement not paid...

Options
  • 08-09-2012 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi

I told welfare office that I was going to be away for a week and they said they would stop my claim and re-start it when I came back, just had to go in and see them, so did all that and it all seemed fine. Anyway, went to collect my payment and my rent supplement hasn't been paid.

Was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them - I have to wait until Wednesday to see my CWO (didn't get payment until Thursday so it's all fallen badly) so just thought I'd see if anyone had found the same happen to them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Media999

Have been waiting 5 months for Rent allowance myself. Was told straight up that rent allowance would be sorted in a couple of weeks by chap in Health board.

Now they wont let me into see him and he never answers phone. They purposefully shift accountability to delay everyones payments.

Expect a few headaches over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

jeez that's harsh! I hope something gets sorted for you soon. At least I know I can get to see our CWO. I was receiving RS before I went away, it seems that it got left out when they re-started my claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Media999

The left hand absolutely has no clue to what the right hand is doing with Welfare.

Which coincidentally always ends up in us losing out. It also coincides with the government stopping backpay for rent allowance. :)

Biggest scumbags in the country are the people who purposefully decided to put a new system in place which delays money from families who worked all their lives with kids. Lower than any junkie in my opinion.

Advertisement