Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question re: Hop Pellets

Options
  • 08-09-2012 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hey there,

I've only used leaf hops so far and am just waiting on an order to be delivered which will have hop pellets in it. Just wondering do you add the hop pellets in the same ratio as you would leaf hops (eg 50g EKG leaf hop = 50g EKG Hop Pellets)??

Just thought I'd give them a try and see what happens.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'm fairly sure you need a greater weight of leaf hops. But I let my brewing software do the work: it knows whether the hops are leaf or pellet, so I can adjust the recipe accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure you need a greater weight of leaf hops. But I let my brewing software do the work: it knows whether the hops are leaf or pellet, so I can adjust the recipe accordingly.

Thanks for the reply. I've had a bit of a look around the interweb and it would appear that you are right. Think (when they arrive) I'll adjust the amounts of hop additions downwards. Good ole trial and error me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »

Yep pellets will deliver around 10% more bitter weight per.weight

Advertisement