Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple repair or CompuB?

Options
  • 07-09-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

The spacebar is unresponsive on my new MacBook Air (2012 model). It is just the bottom right but that is where my finger tends to hover. The machine is still in warranty.

Would I be better off posting it back to Apple or taking it to CompuB? I've used CompuB before and had no problems. But are they officially meant to be fixing MacBooks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭muggyog

If its under warranty you have to return it to an Apple Authorised Service Provider for repair.

Compu B are an Authorised Service Provider in the Dublin area.

They can post it to Apple for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

If you ring apple they will offer to have it collected repaired and sent back to you. Although I found this to be linked to who you actually speak to. One time I was on the phone to an indian sounding man, more than likely abroad, who refused to collect it and insisted I had to take it to an authorised repair center. Called a second time got talking to an english chap who apologised and immediately set up a courier to come and collect it.

You can drop it into a Compub store too. I've no experiences with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Apple Don't do repairs themselves. They are done by Authorised Service Providers. If they collect it they would be shipped into a central service provider and serviced from there. IMO shipping is never great, can lead to delays and problems (bumps on the road). Pickup is usually offered to those in remote locations where a service provider is some distance away.

Compu b are Apple authorised service providers, which means apple will stand over any their repairs for warranty and quality. They use Genuine Apple sourced parts to repair your machines, they don't send machines away to be fixed they are done by themselves.

Advertisement