Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im going full time + partner wants to go childminding can she do it on back to work

Options
  • 07-09-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi i am claiming jobseekers allowance for my partner my daughter and i.
    I have been out of full time work now for about 3years i have had part time work during this time.
    i have just done a very positive interview with a company 35/40 miles from home and i may have an option of taking full time employment. but my wages will not support us.
    my partner would only love to be self employed and take on afew kids child minding, and have em in our own home we have room allocated for this that no problem.
    can she quailfy for the back to work self employment enterprize
    and what is the legal side of her child minding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I doubt she would qualify for btwea, but she can earn up to €15,000 tax free.
    She will need to register with the local Child care committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

hi i am claiming jobseekers allowance for my partner my daughter and i.
    I have been out of full time work now for about 3years i have had part time work during this time.
    i have just done a very positive interview with a company 35/40 miles from home and i may have an option of taking full time employment. but my wages will not support us.
    my partner would only love to be self employed and take on afew kids child minding, and have em in our own home we have room allocated for this that no problem.
    can she quailfy for the back to work self employment enterprize
    and what is the legal side of her child minding.

She could qualify for btwea if she does whats called a spousal swap with you.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW92/Pages/2WhocanqualifyforBTWEA.aspx.
    This spousal swap would need to be done before you sign off the register. Your partner would have to submit a business plan etc.
    If your earnings are not huge you may qualify for family income supplement. FIS takes about 4-5 months to be processed from other posts on FIS.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW22/Pages/1WhatisFamilyIncomeSupplement.aspx

Advertisement