Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this a good beginner choice?

Options
  • 07-09-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

greetings vapers! am hoping some of the more knowledgable amongst you can help me here.

the other day someone told me about e-cigs and so i bought two different 'disposables' to see if it's something i could switch to. one - vogue i think it was, and the other one was a ritchy american tobacco. the vogue was hideously large [like puffing on a leek] and lasted a few drags. the ritchys were a really pleasant flavour,perfect size and shape, and something i could see myself holding, enjoying, and using. probably not 'strong' enough of a hit for me. [10 to 20 marlboro lights a day, 40+ if i'm on a night out or on a long car journey] i feel like i'd be sucking on this thing all day constantly to satisfy the nicotine want, iykwim. but yeah. i'm ready to vape! :D

some of the things suggested here are a bit... er... not that terribly great looking and i find the jargon a bit intimidating tbh. i recoil in horror at some of them. so last night i goggled, and found the ecirette 510 system - can anyone point me to if this is a good choice for a beginner like myself? i like the look of it, and the fact it's refillable, and there's a few different battery options, and the fact you can buy pre-filled... things [cartomisers? cartridges?] to take with you if you don't want to faff about with liquids on the go.

advice greatly appreciated. i've just gone 24 hours without a tobacco cigarette for the first time in over 12 years... and i'm so overly excited i don't want to waste my money on summat that's not suitable! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056742466

Have a read of above, I've used several starter kits over the last year and the ego twist battery combined with the mini vivi nova gives me the best flavour/value with the least hassle. I can't believe how much better it is compared to the ego tanks and others I've tried.
    Using liquid is no trouble with them, I tried the prefilled carts when they were first out yeas back and was never happy with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the thing you linked is just the charging case, youd still have to get an ecig kit

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Innokin_AIO_IK1200_PCC_510/p705283_6359108.aspx

is a charging case, and a battery/few cartomisers

youll probably want to get a second battery too. the cartomisers that come with the kit you can order from that site or somewhere else but this kit will take other cartomisers too, that you can order from irish sites so be handier.

all youll need then is liquid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

the thing you linked is just the charging case, youd still have to get an ecig kit

oh - well on their main page it says this - so i just assumed it was the whole kit including the charger box...?

The Ecirette 510 Mystic Box contains:
    1 atomizer
    1 top quality manual battery, black color(blue L.E.D.)
    2 cartridges (Tobacco-18mg)
    1 Mystic-Box (Portable battery charger case)
    1 USB charger to charge the Mystic Box

that link you posted above is the same idea as the ecirette i'm talking about - but more expensive and a different brand?

i was planning on getting the kit i linked to, an extra [larger] automatic battery, some empty cartomisers, 2 or 3 different liquids and a few packs of pre-filled things too for on the fly. i can't see the innokin working out cheaper unless i'm missing something really obvious? which is likely btw - analysis paralasis setting in big time.

@gran hermano - yeah - see that thing is something i'd be happy enough with at home, but i just have a mental block. would i be stupid getting the ecirette kit first and when i get my money's worth out of it and get over the social awkwardness of 'smoking' something that looks like a black biro then going for the twist/viva? i really want something that looked more like a cigarette but having looked at a few of them reviewed their batteries seem to be kinda crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

The awkwardness you talked about, I felt in the opposite direction so to speak. I got the cigalike first because I thought I would need the look and the form factor for the psychological aspect of my habit. The fact that the youtube vids of people using mods looked more like turkish pipe/bong :D smoking also made me think that cigalikes were what I needed instead to deal with my psychological addiction.

I quickly found the opposite. I felt more awkward with the cigalike it turns out. I'm not a dirty smelly smoker anymore but I still looked like one with a cigalike. I wanted to hide it in my hand and ironically ended up pulling on it with the tip pointed at the ground so to speak. ie. sucking on it more like a straw. In 5 minutes this way actually felt more natural to me.

I'd actually much prefer if people thought I was sucking on a pen as I walked down the street now than sucking on a smelly cigarette.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Your on the right track, the small ecigs are a bit lame as far as battery power and longevity is concerned but they do have the advantage of easing you into vaping.
    Getting over the idea of replacing fags with a metal and plastic thing is the big hurdle when starting out. Once your hooked on the idea of vaping moving on to a big battery and all sorts of cartos, tanks and bits n bobs gets easier.
    Vapefest is only 2 weeks away, why don't you come down and sample the various bits n bobs in the flesh, then decide how far down the big shiny tube road you want to go?

Actually a small batt that lasts 4 hours with carts that cost little and can be purchased in every place that currently sells cigs would explode the vaping market. Wonder why it's not happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

well the thing i'm looking at is as far down the ''big shiny tube road'' as i think i'm able for - to begin with. it's also a comfort thing too. ergonomic rather than psychological comfort i mean. my little wee woman hands with sausage fingers were just about comfortable with the ritchy disposable.... and it's funny, i'd rather people thought i was smoking an oddly coloured fag than chewing on a biro... horses for courses i suppose!

i did have a look at the vapefest thread but for me it would be over 8 hours there and back. not holding my breath that i'd be able to go. i'm going to try and order some interim measure - whatever it is - over the weekend so i have it asap. i had a marlboro light there earlier and i didn't like the taste :eek: :D

Advertisement