If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to purchasea Smart TV

Options
  • 07-09-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Howdy,

Looking for a price on this bad boy:

Samsung 40'' Inch Smart 3D LED TV
    IEUE40ES7000

or something similar.

Also if anyone could recommend a Smart tv it would be much appreciated!:D

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kdarcy9 wrote: »
    Howdy,

Looking for a price on this bad boy:

Samsung 40'' Inch Smart 3D LED TV
    IEUE40ES7000

or something similar.

Also if anyone could recommend a Smart tv it would be much appreciated!:D

Cheers

Hi K,

You've pretty much went straight to the top with the ES7000. Unbelievable TV. Really cant fault it at all.

At the moment we're offering it for £1,199.95. For that price you're getting a free wireless keyboard for the TV and also a 5 year warranty.

Let me know what you think :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kdarcy9

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunetly with the current exchange rate that is working out at around 1,500 euro without delivery, but I appreciate the response and will consider using you in the future.

Cheers!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunetly with the current exchange rate that is working out at around 1,500 euro without delivery, but I appreciate the response and will consider using you in the future.

Cheers!

Hi K,

No problem.

Just gonna check one more at ya if you want to have a look at it. It's an LG LED smart TV. Got built in WiFi too so very handy :)

It's the LG 42 LM670T currently priced at £799.95 / €1066.60.

Here's a link to the spec:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lm670t/lg-42lm670t

Not as many features as the Samsung but still worth a look.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply...unfortunately it's still a painful exchange rate!

Have my heart set on the Samsung so it looks like it'll be that for around the Eur 1,350 mark!

Thanks for your help though!

Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Kev.

No problem.

I thought the offer we had on the Samsung was pretty competitive.

Are you getting the TV with the keyboard and 5 year warranty for 1350 Euro?

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

No I'm not. The warranty will be the standard 12 months, which I think should be fine, and it does not come with the keyboard, which made your offer appear more attractive albeit c. eur150 dearer.

I researched the keyboard and it does not receive great reviews so I believe I can do without and it retails at around Eur80 if I did consider it in the future.

You were upto 100 euro cheaper on the LG television however, which was great it I was going for that.

But considering I'm just looking at getting the tv at the lowest possible price, this time the extras weren't enough to persuade me, so the 1,350 seems the best deal for me.

Kev

Could you give a price without the warranty and keyboard...I'm not buying this until the 25th so I still have 10 or so days to shop about?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Could you give a price without the warranty and keyboard...I'm not buying this until the 25th so I still have 10 or so days to shop about?

KD,

The latest price on the 40ES7000 is £1199.95 including the wireless keyboard and a 5 year warranty....

.... With just the keyboard I can do £1129.95 and....

.... finally without Keyboard and without the 5 year I can do £1079.95.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Cheers John,

I know you are a Belfast store, do you do Euro sales or strictly sterling?

And is that price excluding delivery to Dublin?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cheers John,

I know you are a Belfast store, do you do Euro sales or strictly sterling?

And is that price excluding delivery to Dublin?

Happy to quote in Euro or Sterling - however given the trend of teh Euro at the moment you are possibly better waiting ubtil just before your purchasde to get a Euro price as given the current trend it should be to you favour to wait a few more days..

Dublin delivery would be approx £29.95,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice John.

The team has been very helpful on here and I'll be back in touch late next week or early the week after.

Thank Again

Hi,

Just wondering if I can get a Euro price on the Samsung UE40ES7000 & UE40ES8000 models.

I'll be purchasing this on Wednesday and the best price in store I have found on the 7000 is 1,357 & see the link below for the 8000:

http://redmondelectric.ie/index.php/tv-dvd/tv-s/samsung-40-series-8-full-hd-full-web-browser-3d-smart-slim-led-tv-titanium-ue40es8000-950.html

Cheers,

Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Kev.

The best price that we can do on the UE40ES8000 would be 1349 Euro and that's just the TV.

Including delivery this would be €1388.

We normally only beat TV prices including the 5 year guarantee but John has authorised me to offer you this price on this one occasion.

I personally feel that the deal with the keyboard and 5 year warranty is a much better deal at £1229 including delivery as the warranty covers the TV at home which means that if anything goes wrong, we send someone out and this makes the repair etc hassle and more importantly cost free which I feel is well worth the difference, never mind the keyboard.

Keep us posted if we can help any further.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.