Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Shannon

Options
  • 07-09-2012 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm in Shannon this weekend for a wedding and never been to the area before.

I was hoping some of you lovely Clare people could suggest a few decent bars round the place, maybe with a spot of pub-grub at reasonable enough prices?!

Even decent restaurants for this evening would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I couldn't recommend JP Clarke's in Bunratty highly enough for something to eat, either for lunch or dinner. While you're in Bunratty make sure to take in the Castle and Folk Park, really nice way to kill a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

Hi Folks,

I'm in Shannon this weekend for a wedding and never been to the area before.

I was hoping some of you lovely Clare people could suggest a few decent bars round the place, maybe with a spot of pub-grub at reasonable enough prices?!

Even decent restaurantsr this evening would be great.[/

Have to say i would be a fan of zest bistro food is fantastic. Zest is part of the main bar in shannon called the shannon knights thats a nice place to enjoy a drink & you can also order food in there too. there is also a chinese over Darcys pub i havnt eaten there but i have heard great things about it. There are also a few small places to eat in the foodcourt these places are based in the shopping center so you have easy access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I have to say I was unimpressed with JP Clarkes when we ate there in November. I honestly wouldn't bother with it again. When we ate there it was over run with kids running around and uncleared tables. The food was average at best.
    We had been given a gift voucher, the best I can say about it was that we didn't have to pay for it ourselves. I was still hungry after the veggie option and my husband had to leave his swordfish as it was nauseatingly heavy.

As for Zest Bistro, we tried it recently when we were in Shannon. Don't bother going if you are a vegetarian. I was shocked to find the only vegetarian option on the lunch menu was a side salad sandwich. At 6.50 for a filter coffee and a slice of cake, never again. Zest is the most veggie unfriendly food establishment I've ever been to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was in a Steakhouse in Texas before, a member of our group was a vegan and asked to see the vegan menu, they were given the drinks menu, when she pointed out that she asked for the vegan menu she got the answer "honey, this is Texas, if you don't want to eat meat you might as well drink cause there's nothing else to do till football season starts" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Good food in the Weaver's Inn, Newmarket-on-Fergus ... well worth a visit IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement