Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

at.exe Windows 7

Options
  • 06-09-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to schedule a task in windows 7 that will shut my computer down at 02.00 every weekday morning. I have configured a basic task in tasksched that will do this daily but I want the weekend excluded.

Googling lead me to the at.exe command which seems similar to scheduling in unix.

Is it possible to schedule the below or is there an easier way to just have a command run on weekdays in windows 7 taskscheduler

at 02:00 /every:m,t,w,th,f shutdown -s

Thanks,

Woden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

When setting the triggers on the task in Task Scheduler, select weekly, rather than daily. You can then set it to run every week on specific days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Blowfish wrote: »
    When setting the triggers on the task in Task Scheduler, select weekly, rather than daily. You can then set it to run every week on specific days.

Exactly. And why use at.exe? In Windows 7, just create a basic task using the wizard.

uFnjh.jpg

With older Windows version, use a simple batch file with the desired arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Nice one. Sorted that out there under "weekly" as you mentioned.

Cheers,

Woden

Advertisement