Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Term off to a Bad Start

Options
  • 06-09-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Last Thursday My Daughter started 2nd Class.
    In the 6 days since returning, she has told me 3 afternoons where spentwatching Movies on the white board and tomorrow, Friday, teacher will not be inas she is at a "Meeting".

I am very angry about this and wonder if anybody else is experiencingsimilar disinterest amongst teachers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What were the "movies?" If teacher has an official meeting,then there's little the school can do as it is usually not covered by a sub.
    (We had meetings with parents all day yesterday and spent the day rushing around the school trying to cover classes)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aisher

Are the movies educational movies or kids movies? It annoys me too when the kids come home from school and say they spent an entire afternoon watching a kids film - I would much prefer if a story were read to the class but maybe thats too 1970's lol. As to missing a full day for a meeting - again annoying especially at the start of the academic year - makes you worry its going to be an ongoing problem. Best off keeping your counsel for now and see how things go the next few weeks as it is a very busy time of the year for the teachers but if it continues you should approach the teacher rather then stay quiet and just get more annoyed. Things usually settle down in a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

They where kids movies 101 Dalmations, Space Chimps & something else, would not have minded so much if they where educational.
    I'm told the teacher was reading a book during this time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Is this during actual teaching time(ie it's not between 2/3 where they are infants not going home-waiting for a bus)?Meetings with psychologists etc. cannot be helped as there is no sub cover and I'd presume if the teacher -was released for a meeting by the principal it must be tied to the school system. I don't think I'd be happy with movies frequently ,I wonder was it done as part of the "golden time system?"

Advertisement