Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many hospital bags???

Options
  • 06-09-2012 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

I'm confused!

maybe it's baby brain but how many bags do I need to bring to hospital?

Do i need a labour bag and then a bag for baby and another bag for my entire hospital stay? can I just throw everything into one big bag and bring it in with me when I'm in labour? Or do most people just bring a small labour bag with them and leave the other bags in the car??

What's everyone else doing??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Just two bags one for labour ward you only need a small one
    with clothes for baby and nappies also a nightdress for yourself and whatever snacks you might need. Everything else can go in the main bag for the ward.
    I left the main bag in the ward while in labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

I've packed just one big bag - if the hospital dont like it tuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Labour suites can be pretty small, and can get crowded very quickly, which is why they recommend a small bag. You're pretty much surrounded by machines and stuff, something that can sit under OH's chair is really best.

There is a good chance they won't allow a bigger bag into the labour suite, in case there was an emergency and it ended up being in the way.

I'm packing for a two-day stay only. I'll leave stuff out where OH can find it if I need more. Unless I am half dead I'll be knotting sheets or climbing down drainpipes with baby strapped to my back at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Two bags...

One for the labour ward.

A bigger one then for the post natal ward as you will need more stuff in that one for both you and the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I had a labour bag, hospital bag & going home bag. Hospital & going home bag stayed in the boot of the car until needed :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

A little bag for the daddy too with snacks, water and things like magazines to keep him occupied is nice too! Especially if you are in labour in the middle of the night and food options are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I had 2 bags. In one i put all my stuff with a lil bag inside with vest, nappy, sleep suit and 2 cellular balankets. Also a few snacks for oh. Wasnt a big bag but fitted everything i needed. I brought this into labour ward. I then had a bag for all babys stuff which stayed in the car until we went to post natal ward. Was handy this way as if i needed something for baby i knew which bag it was in and didnt have to go routing through a big bag. I also left things handy for oh at home to bring in. We were lucky that our lil 1 didnt really get sick or have any accidents so had more than enough for her. But found i did have to get oh to bring in extra stuff for me. Saying that my waters went on a sat morning but baby wasnt born till sun evening and they kept us in until wednesday as baby had to be over 48 hours old before we could go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm going to mail you on Facebook now x

Advertisement