Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic Car Sale / Show & Autojumble

Options
  • 06-09-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Just heard today that the Swords classic car sale / show is on the 7th Oct..

This year I hear that Dermot Flynn who runs the show is going to have a concours competition in a selected area within the indoor area.

Great prizes for the winners. However one has to pre book if they want their cars judged..

Sounds like a bit of fun..

The flier is below... also a link to the website www.carshows.iewww.carshows.ie

DermotFlynn.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

“The National Concours Competition”
    @ The Classic Car Sale/Show + Autojumble

Venue: The National Show Centre, Swords
    Date: Sunday 7 October, 12 noon.
    The National Concours Competition is a competitive car show to award recognition to the owners of cars that are best prepared and presented.
    A team of four judges will judge each car looking for cleanliness, quality of preparation, lack of damage and presentation.
    Judging will take place between 11:30am and 3:30pm.

Each entrant will start with 400 points broken down in the following catagories:
    A) 100 points for bodywork
    B) 100 points for Interior
    C) 100 points for engine compartment
    D) 100 points for originality and presentation

The judges will deduct points in each category as they inspect each car.
    The same judge will inspect the same category of each car to ensure consistency in judging.
    Throughout the day ‘Nominated for Award’ stickers will be placed on high scoring cars to ensure their presence at the award ceremony.
    There will be twelve Trophies presented on the day by the presentation party, which will include a representative of the National Concours Competition Sponsor.
    A podium and PA system will be provided for the prize giving and some of the ‘Nominated for an Award’ cars will also be present at the podium.

Winners names will be engraved on two Perpetual Trophies:
    1 Overall best of Show
    2 Best Club Stand.

PRIZE CLASSES

a: Overall best of show - Perpetual Trophy

b: Overall best of show runner up

c: Best Club Stand - Perpetual Trophy

d: Best Club Stand runner up

e: Best Ford (pre 1980)

f: Best Convertible (pre 1980)

g: Best Sports Car

h: Best pre 1960’s Car

i: Best 1960’s Car

j: Best 1970’s Car

k: Conservation Class (as original as possible)

l: Best American Car

m: Competitors choice (competitors favourite car excluding their own chosen by ballot slips)

n: Spectators’ choice (chosen by ballot slips)

A week to go, I am wondering if many are entering the competition ???

The Judging is NOT based on originality.

It is based on cleaniness, condition, and presentation...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Was there anyone at this yesterday,I was and I thought that the standard of cars present was quite good when compared to last year.If anyone has any photos it would be good to see them.

I was there but I didn't get time to get any photos, as I was on the Judges panel. Have to agree the standard was high and some lovely machines....

Advertisement