Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SSD Not booting in MBP 2010

Options
  • 06-09-2012 3:18pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

Ok, thought I had this sorted but back to square one again.

I installed a new SSD in the original HDD slot and moved the old HDD to the Optical bay. Initally I had issued booting but got in eventually by restarting a few times. Once in, everything was quick and exactly as expected. I had to restart after an update and now I can't get back in. It starts to boot and I get the spinning wheel on the Apple Logo screen for around 2 mins and then it reboots automatically and this time it goes to the grey screen and stays there indefinitely.

I tired re-installing Mountain Lion and initially I was able to get back in, despite more slow boots but after restarting again I am no longer able to boot the machine. I thought I had it fixed before so formatted the old drive with the old install of OSX on it.

I've reset the PRAM and SMS and still no joy.

Any ideas?

Advertisement