Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch Open Zone fault

Options
  • 06-09-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hi all,

7+yr old alarm.

I had some guys in decorating and they had to move the alarm sensor on one of the windows. It's an 'impact sensor' (not sure if that's the right name) as opposed to an open/closed sensor with magnet.

Anyway, alarm went off with 'Tamper', so I entered code to switch it off. When I went to turn on alarm next time it's coming back with open zone z4, even though the window can be left open normally to switch it on.

I'm hoping this is just a setup issue, or is the sensor bust? I have the engineer code written somewhere, still looking!

Thanks for any help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it is just an inertia sensor check it is mounted correctly. If its a HKC sensor the arrow on the sensor head should be facing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PeterMc9

trickier than you think as the sensor had been plastered into the wall! Managed to get enough of the case off and you were correct, arrow was a little off vertical, turned it back and everything looks good!

Thanks a million KoolKid!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad you got sorted.
    Bad move plastering over it. Its going to have to be changed at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Verbatim12

Hi,

Tried setting my alarm today and got a message saying 'Z2 back windows' and when I try to set the alarm it says 'back windows open'. All the windows are closed, and the sensors seem to be clean .......any ideas what the problem might be?

It could be any of the devices faulty?
    How many devices are on that zone?
    You could try open & close them all one by one & see if the zone closes.
    After that disconnect each sensor & close off one by one untill the problem disappears.That will tell you which device is faulty & needs to be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Verbatim12

Sorry, I'm new to this.....
    Its a wired device

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

sometimes with magnetic contacts the switch might get stuck in an open position and if you give each sensor a tap it solves the problem.
    If that doesn't work or if it happens again then you most likely have a faulty sensor. You would have to open them one by one and bypass the sensor by shorting the cables until you find the faulty one then replace it.

Hi,
    As the other thread was re a 1070 I have moved your posts to here.

Advertisement