Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pokemon league draft tournament, and, changing times, and general update

Options
  • 06-09-2012 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Evening all./ So, Leon(popzmaster) has been chatting to the super chaps at gamersworld, and they have suggested the idea of a draft tournament, to keep some interest going while we're waiting for the new season.

A draft tournament, for those who don't know, is basically what the yanks would refer to as 'prereleases', cept they wouldn't be pre releases. We each pay gamersworld 20 - 25 quid each, and in return get 5 booster packs, which is a saving in itself. With those boosters, and energies, supplied either by gamersworld, or ourselves, we build decks, and play with them. The winner will get either free boosters, or free entry into the next draft, which means... free boosters! :D:D

Also, a possible changing of the day, and playing times. Simple put, while playing on Tuesday night was good fun, even with my abysmal booster pulls, 6 people isn't a massive turn out, especially since we're ideally looking out for bigger events. So, we could either go back to our original time-slot, or, open to suggestions.

And one very last thing, the lovely people at gamersworld, who really are very sound, have said that if we buy enough packs, which between us, we've bought two booster boxes in 2 weeks, they'll start doing the same deal for us they do for magic players, 5 boosters for 20 euro.

So yeah, the floor is open for discussion :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

the tournament sounds like an awesome idea and i'm 100% in for that :D, also all times are good for me except wednesdays

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

We haven't really need to change times now, my only issue was space with the magic draft on but it should be grand. Draft can wait till after Belfast also as I'm not seeing too many people over on the (p)hazebook thrilled with the idea of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Woobat trainer 1

Hello I live in Dublin and started getting Pokemon cards agen I will be new to the card game and I just want to if I can join in on the card game and when and were is it if ya don't mind me asking thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Course you can join in, the more the merrier :D we play in gamersworld on jervis street in Dublin city centre every Tuesday 6 - 9PM, fiver to play, and you get a booster pack.

Thanks but I can't go dis Tuesday I have work is there other any days it is on in the morring time

• Advertisement

Not right no :( We had to change the times to our current times cos people have college and what not.

Ok no prob

Let me if it goes back to morring times thanks

Sure thing, and if you ever free on tuesday evenings feel free to pop down :D

Is a busy night is it near the toy master shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

yeah its literally about a 3 minute walk from toymaster :)

Do ya that a right at toy master

When you get to toymaster, or rather, the crossing the road bit to toymaster, turn left, walk straight down.

Ok thanks and how much cards do ya need to bring down

You only need to bring a 60 card deck. Might want more though :P

Have over 70 in my deak do fare but don't have much energy at the moment have to get a a few boster packs

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Sealed deck tournament this Tuesday in Gamers World, details are still being ironed out. also @ woobat: You know you can only have 60 cards in your deck!

Advertisement