Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

temper issues

Options
  • 05-09-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

Alot of things have changed in my life in the last 12 months between people emigrating, deaths etc and sometimes i just want to scream my head off.
    Only place i can do this is in my car!

Find myself snapping the last few months, sometimes I can bottle things up.

But realised It wasnt good when I took it out on the new kitten we got. it was like What i wanted to vent to others , I took out on poor animal.

then another example, a few times, I was in work late in a bar, few family around, but other customers were annoying me and I found my blood boiling and had to walk out for 5 minutes to calm down because i was going to either scream at them or start balling crying.

Not sure if this is normal ish or if i should see someone about it.
    I've appointment with doc next week anyway and if i did say it, i have no idea how to bring it up,. "I gave the cat a wallop"..

Anyway,
    any advice would be appreciated because I am kind of afriad what this could turn into.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Tell the Dr you want a referal as you are having issues with anger management.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Look, you have made huge progress by identifying that you have a problem. You need to talk to the doctor about it, you have had a number of the kind of issues that can cause emotional problems and they are making you feel overwhelmed. Just tell him that.

You don't have to get into specifics about the kitten if you don't want to; say you are feeling aggressive, frustrated, angry about things that really shouldn't be causing you that much grief. Say that you are concerned or frightened about your own behaviour. Pretty much what you have said here. He would be the best one to advise on how to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thequieterone

Thanks, god me even mentioning the kitten thing sounds mad now but Its only recently i realised how out of order I was.
    I have no idea who they would refer me to?. I know underlying issues that I havent vented about which will come out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

... I have no idea who they would refer me to?...
    The obvious referral would be to a counsellor who has some special expertise in your area of need.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,910 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thanks, god me even mentioning the kitten thing sounds mad now but Its only recently i realised how out of order I was.
    Yes, Catharsis can do that. Try talking to someone or writing down your thoughts: both avenues require your brain to order the thoughts swimming in your head in a way that naturally makes sense, rather than it's current state where for the most part neurons are just flying off at random, making you feel both sad and angry and hungry and wanting to punch a kitten whats on television all at once.

• Advertisement
Advertisement