Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long after an order can you apply again?

Options
  • 05-09-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

If a maintenance order is dispensed by Circuit Court, how long does the payee have to wait to re apply for a maintenance order to be made again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi OP
    :
    we are not permitted to give legal advice on this forum as per our Charter.

However I would direct you to our Useful Links section - specifically: Citizens Information.
    Searching there returns this rule around making an appeal, you have 14 days to do so, but beyond this you need to seek legal advice which as above we cannot provide here.

All the best
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hickory99

Hi,
    Just posted this and it was locked by mod because I may have been unclear (sorry mod's ) I'm not looking for legal advise, I am extremely interested in this countries family law system and was curious if a circuit court order is dispensed does there have to be a certain amount of time that passes before a new order can be applied for? Or can they simply apply again a couple of weeks later if they feel like it?
    I'm not talking about an appeal as if the order is dispensed there is no order there to be appealled.
    Is this question ok mod or should it be in legal, sorry did not mean to sound like I'm looking for advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I've merged your threads - if a moderator closes your thread, please don't just repost.

Are you posting in relation to your separation/divorce hickory99? The purpose of this forum is to offer people who are experiencing divorce/separation support and information, rather than a general information portal (those searches should be covered by the "useful links") - hence the "no legal advice".

Could you please PM myself or Taltos to clarify.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement