Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP ME !!! SORT OUT MAINTENANCE

Options
  • 05-09-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello everyone.
    im a married man from northern ireland. i have a son from a previous relationship.he resides with his mother in the republic of ireland.
    i currently pay €95 weekly euro maintenance through the republics court service.
    his mother has now applied for a variance in the maintenance order,at the end of this month.
    she wants more money.
    my situation has now changed since the previous maintenance was set in 2009.
    i am now married with a 2 year old son. i also have a new house rates bill.
    i have totted up my income versus my outgoings,and now find that my wife is making up the shortfall,of approx €213 euro per month.
    should i show this on my affidavit of means for the court???.
    ps .i am new on this site.
    please HELP.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Please do not type in caps as it means that you are shouting.

Welcome to boards:)

95 a week or a month?
    Do you have your son often?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maintenance

sorry about the caps.
    i am new to this.
    i pay €95 weekly.
    i get to see my son on sundays from 2pm until 4 pm ,as set out by the court.
    his mother does not always run with this.some sundays she does not let him go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you are going back to court you need to detail your expenses and get visitation renegotiated if that is what you want.
    You need to talk to a solicitor.

Advertisement