Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Malahide castle

Options
  • 05-09-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

I need to get from Heuston station to Malahide castle using public transport. Could anyone advise me whether the bus (route 42)or the Dart would take me closest? How far would I have to walk to the castle from both?

I have checked on google maps but it's not clear where the dart station is and I don't know where the bus stops are either:(

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Winnie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

Dart station I across the road from the castle grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the DART station to the castle, afaik.

Not sure about the buses, only went there by DART. But they have a route planer on the Dublin Bus website.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Winnieacre

Lars1916 wrote: »
    It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the DART station to the castle, afaik.

Not sure about the buses, only went there by DART. But they have a route planer on the Dublin Bus website.

Thanks - I've just checked that Dublin bus planner and the bus looks a bit closer, but I suspect the Dart would get me there faster.

So, I take the Luas from Heuston to Connolly, then the Dart to Malahide? Do I need to get separate tickets for each of these?

Winnie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You need a luas ticket, then a train ticket to Malahide station. If you get the bus, you can get it half way to malahide castle, closer than the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Winnieacre wrote: »
    Thanks - I've just checked that Dublin bus planner and the bus looks a bit closer, but I suspect the Dart would get me there faster.
    Note that DARTS to Malahide only come once an hour or so - so check the timetable in advance. I would estimate only 10 mins walk to Castle. Ask locally for short cut through park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

Luas in to Abbey St. and then hop on the No. 42.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you're getting to Heuston by train, you can buy a through ticket to Malahide, covering the bus/tram transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

the bus and train leave in almost exactly the same spot in malahide, train takes about 20 mins from connolly, the bus takes about 45

Thanks all

Went with the Luas and Dart option which worked well - it was a dry day!

Pain about having to get 3 tickets though......didn't know about train/luas combination when I bought my train ticket:(

W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Was the castle open again as it had been closed for refurb since last year?

Official reopening 15th October.

• Advertisement

Castle reopened on 15th October - see fb page for details
    http://www.facebook.com/MalahideCastleAndGardens

W

Advertisement