Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAX STEAM CLEANER PROBLEM.

Options
  • 05-09-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,my wife bought a 'VAX HOMEMASTER ' steamcleaner a week ago in Argos.She had heard good things about steamcleaners on ads and from a few work colleagues.We have fair bit of tiles in house and she was tired of the mop and bucket.Long story short,she followed all instructions with machine( which were very brief) but found it left very streaky floor afterwards.This was on tiles
    Has anyone else found steamcleaners overrated?...she got it in Argos...I am telling her she should bring it back within 30 days to get refund as it def doesnt do what it says it will!!!.Was 125 euro.Girl in Argos said the Vax were very popular.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

I think all those steam cleaner thingys are over rated. I never used the floor cleaner but even the hand held ones for cleaning cookers etc do not work like you see on the TV ads. Id advise her to bring it back and demand a refund.

I actually bought a Vax hoover from Argos last year - reduced from about 130 quid to 70. Thought I had got a great bargain until I started using the thing. The air vent was at the front of the hoover and therefore actually blows the dirt around the room - a ridiculous design flaw (which makes you wonder how much research they put into their products) - slightly manageable on carpet but impossible on hard floors - you just see dust being blown all over the place! I never got around to bringing it back on time which I deeply regret!

Anyways, as I said, I highly recommend she brings a steam cleaner which streaks her floors back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Brought it back today.....to be fair to Argos,no issues,got refund.

Advertisement