Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!!

Options
  • 05-09-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some advice on a legal separation in Ireland.

My parents have been separated for a good 5 years or so now but have always remained living together and civil as in the current climate neither could afford to buy the other out of our house.

Anyway my mother has now said she wants a legal separation and half of the house, now my mother is out of work and has been for 10 years or so, she still receives a wage from work as she is classed as disabled (not physically)

Does anybody have any advice on legal separation? My father does not want the house sold whatsoever and pays every single bill in the house and has done for years. It is the family home and it would break his heart if he had to sell it.

Would it have to go to court and if so would the courts just sell the house without my fathers consent even though he pays all the bills etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to have to see my father go through the heartbreak of selling the house, I dont think he would ever get over it and believe it would destroy him, he loves this house with all his heart.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi OP

unfortunately as per our Charter this forum is a safe place for either party going through a separation or a divorce to seek advice from others in a similar situation, it is not a forum for an offspring/concerned friend to seek advice. One of the other forums for example Personal Issues may be suited better to your enquiry.

Have a look at our Useful Links thread though, there are some links there for resources that may still prove useful.
    In response to your specific question - could your father be directed to sell - only the courts can tell you that we we are forbidden from giving legal advice here.

All the best and sorry we cannot be of more help.
    Taltos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement