Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcast for 10 year old boy?

Options
  • 05-09-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I looking for podcasts that would be of interest to a 10 year old boy. Favourite TV programmes are "Horrible Histories" and "Mythbuster". Also mad into "Minecraft" but dont get me started on that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

Try one of Official Xbox world's magazines cd ones thingys.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Screwattack do a weekly gaming video podcast in YouTube, it's very easy-going and fun, then run down some funny news stories as well. Give it a goosie.

That's cool to hear someone so young getting into podcasts, most people I know are 20-something getting into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Thanks for suggestions. I was hoping for something I could download to mp3 player that we could listen to in the car. I think I'll try Naked Scientist.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There're a good few Minecraft podcasts on iTunes. Haven't listened to any of them myself as it's not my type of game, but maybe give a few of them a go? There're a few video ones which look interesting to me.

I would suggest some of the IGN games podcasts, but they've all gone explicit now (nothing major, but they do swear occasionally) and I'm assuming you wouldn't be comfortable letting him at those.

If he's really into games, a good podcast I recently started listening to is "Sup, Holmes?". Each week the host talks to a different developer about their games and about the games industry. Might be a little advanced, but might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ClassyCoconut

I would recommend the Rhett and Link podcast "Good Mythical Morning". They're about 10 minutes long each and these guys have a discussion about a topic. It's really funny, me and my little brother who is 13 years old loves it! I would definitely try it to see if he likes it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I was subscribed to one on itunes called "how stuff works" ....i think. I havent got an iphone anymore so cant remember exactly what it was called. but basically these two guys would just explain how stuff like computers or mobile phones etc work but it was funny and also interesting enough, especially for a ten year old.

Advertisement