Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trackpad highlighting EVERYTHING

Options
  • 05-09-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I got my MacBook Air in April this year.

Now the trackpad highlights everything as if i have clicked it once, like it will highlight text as though i am dragging the cursor across it to copy it etc.

it is beginning to drive me INSANE and would love if anyone could share advice on what to do or how to fix it.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is it possible that the 'Shift' or 'Control' or similar buttons or indeed mouse buttons are stuck down?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KDII

Thanks for the reply.

the buttons physically look fine.

I noticed before if there was dust/lint on the track pad a similar thing would happen but this doesn't seem to be the case now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Had this happen to my 11" MBA, took it to Compu b and they replaced the Trackpad.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭doh777

you can sort this out by changing the trackpad options.

I don't have my mac working at the moment but you can look up the issue online and it should give you the solution.

In my case the trackpad started acting up so I got a dell mouse and used that.

I had to turn on an option on the trackpad setting that prevents 'accidental' touching of the pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KDII

Thanks for the replies.

Brought it to CompuB in Dundrum and they fixed in within a few days, new trackpad fitted and I have my baby back now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement