Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer fridge

Options
  • 05-09-2012 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi, looking for recommendations for a beer fridge for my bedroom. Not really enough space for it in the common room (plus I don't want my flatmates pinching my beer anytime they come in drunk!) but any good reviews I seem to find online are all for fridges that are only sold in the States and the shipping would be twice as much as the unit.

Main things I'm looking for is:

1) Not too noisy - don't want to have to turn it off anytime I wanna go asleep

2) Keeps beers properly cold and not just ever so slightly below room temperatire

3) Hold at least a dozen 500ml cans if not a full crate

Any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

I've always wanted one of these:
    25-2704548SPA75UC946296M.jpghttp://www.argos.ie/static/Product/catalogId/14551/partNumber/2704548.htm but don't have the room (and they are not cheap).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Just buy a small countertop fridge in any of the electrical stores for not alot of euros.

These fridges are used in small bedsits/flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

yep
    countertop fridge for about 100 euro
    they can be a bit noisy but if you keep drinking the contents it will help with the noise:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

The Guinness one is exactly the one I was after but can't seem to find any reviews online about how noisy this is.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

If you care to read the reviews at Argos, you'll see comments like "NOT NOISEY", "very quiet"...

• Advertisement

None of the ones in Argos are available. It seems all they're mini fridges are out of stock and have been for a long time.

Any other suggestions of where to get one?

Locomotion wrote: »
    None of the ones in Argos are available. It seems all they're mini fridges are out of stock and have been for a long time.

Any other suggestions of where to get one?

You could try another Argos. I've just checked and my local one (Arklow) has the Guinness one in stock. The argos website is great for checking stock levels and reserving it.
    I know that you can get them from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Husky-HUSKY-CARLSBERG-DRINKS-CHILLER/dp/B003L5UE2A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1348653785&sr=8-3 but delivery would be expensive (around 30 sterling), also note, not everything can/will be delivered to Ireland.

Sadly Amazon don't deliver these to Ireland and all Argos shops in Dublin haven't had em in for a long time.

Guess it's a good thing that they have em in Arklow though cos maybe that means they'll have em in Dublin soon if I keep checking :-)

Advertisement