Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i put strings on this?!

Options
  • 05-09-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i bought this old guitar from a secondhandshop but only just realised that 2 of the tuning pegs are a little loose and a bit raised compared to the other 4.
    i added a couple of photos below.
    i'm wondering if there is any point putting strings on it or will will i need to get it fixed first?? do ye thing it could still sound alright??
    i (obviously) havnt a clue about guitars yet,so any advice is appreciated!!

:confused:

cimg5109fg.th.jpg

cimg5108l.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Get it fixed first... If you put a string on that, then the tension will put unnecessary pressure the tuning head screws on the reverse side..

To fix, either find replacement inserts for the tuning pegs, or get 2 new tuning heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rawai

i tought so :( i guess i was just hoping for someone to say "no,it wont do no harm,go ahead!!" as i cant wait to play it :P
    thanks a million welease,ill get that done asap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

I hope you didnt pay too much for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

that guitar's not awful

it's cakman......

anyway, what welease said.

a decent guitar store will have those inserts in the parts bin for a few pennies, or get a couple of single tuners off ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rawai

as far as i heard oakmans are just ok but tbh i dont think i could resist ANY guitar thats being sold for €5 :rolleyes: lol.
    ill bring it into the shop tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement