Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon deal - any good?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

for 30 quid.. maybe, there are a lot of cartridges

problem is only one battery.. so you'll be charging it and without an ecig 4-5 times a day. those batteries last **** all time.

an extra 20 quid would get you a good kit
    something like this
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/xldcc.htm

heading out the door now so no time to write more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Thanks...to be honest I dont know where to start. I should never have looked here I think as the information is all a bit overwhelming...more complicated than choosing a pc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

just ask anyone here if you are overwhelmed by the amount of info and they will guide and advise you as best as they can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ah Yes, the terrible affliction called 'Paralysis by Analysis'. I know it well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

It can be a bit overwhelming but we'll do our best to see you right :)

Basically your going to need 3 main parts to get you up and running,

A Battery, An Atomizer & E-liquid

Battery:

Starting out the most important thing should be compatibility, therefore what your looking for is any battery that has e-go in its name, there's loads different types but once it's an e-go battery it will be compatible with the majority of products on the market.

You'll see batteries have different mah ratings, the higher the mah the bigger the battery but the longer it'll last.

Recommendation: Joye eGo-C Twist

Atomizer

This is properly the most confusing part for people starting out as there are 1000's of options.

I'm just going to recommend 1 that's easy to use and works very well.
    The vivi nova mini, it's as simple as screwing the top off, filling it with liquid and screwing the top on again.
    You'll need to replace the head on it (how often depends on usage, might be weekly or it might be every 2 weeks) but again its, screw off, replace and screw on.

Recommendation: Vivi Nova Mini

E-Liquid:

This is the hardest part to help someone with because every single person has different tastes. Experimentation is the only way you'll find whats right for you.......

Recommendation: E-smokeireland & Irishvapers are the 2 companies that I buy the majority of my liquids from, have a look on their sites and see what takes your fancy. (Personally I stick to the house of liquid, highbrow & wingnut ranges from esi & the white label & halo ranges from irishvapers ;))

Extras:

You'll also need a charger & its always a good idea to have 2 batteries.
    And spare coil heads for the vivi nova are here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Elbow wrote: »
    It can be a bit overwhelming but we'll do our best to see you right :)

Basically your going to need 3 main parts to get you up and running,

A Battery, An Atomizer & E-liquid

Battery:

Starting out the most important thing should be compatibility, therefore what your looking for is any battery that has e-go in its name, there's loads different types but once it's an e-go battery it will be compatible with the majority of products on the market.

You'll see batteries have different mah ratings, the higher the mah the bigger the battery but the longer it'll last.

Recommendation: Joye eGo-C Twist

Atomizer

This is properly the most confusing part for people starting out as there are 1000's of options.

I'm just going to recommend 1 that's easy to use and works very well.
    The vivi nova mini, it's as simple as screwing the top off, filling it with liquid and screwing the top on again.
    You'll need to replace the head on it (how often depends on usage, might be weekly or it might be every 2 weeks) but again its, screw off, replace and screw on.

Recommendation: Vivi Nova Mini

E-Liquid:

This is the hardest part to help someone with because every single person has different tastes. Experimentation is the only way you'll find whats right for you.......

Recommendation: E-smokeireland & Irishvapers are the 2 companies that I buy the majority of my liquids from, have a look on their sites and see what takes your fancy. [SIZE="2"](Personally I stick to the house of liquid, highbrow & wingnut ranges from esi & the white label & halo ranges from irishvapers ;))[/SIZE]

Extras:

You'll also need a charger & its always a good idea to have 2 batteries.
    And spare coil heads for the vivi nova are here

+1
    Excellent advice.
    Keep it simple starting out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Just one thing on what I posted above:

It's not the cheapest starter kit that you could get (roughly €55 + e-liquid) but it's without a doubt the best bang for your buck combination available at the moment, Its also cheap to run after the initial outlay (€2 for replacement heads) & a setup that you wont be itching to upgrade from in a months time or even 6 months time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Apart from the Vivi Nova Mini (will be getting soon though :D) as mentioned above this is exactly what i have. As you can see in my sig i've been off smokes straight for 24 days. its the basic and easiest kit to start with and if you dont like it you dont like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Snap for the recommended setup, off smokes for 17 days and using this rig for a week now.

Should this be sticky with a boards users recommended starting setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Hmm.. Wish I'd popped in here for a read before pressing buy on groupon this morning :o

• Advertisement

meh, it's only 30 quid and it probably won't be terrible.. although wont be too great either

60 carts is still 60 carts

meh, it's only 30 quid and it probably won't be terrible.. although wont be too great either

60 carts is still 60 carts

It's actually for my husband - I'm sure, if nothing else, it'll make up his mind whether or not vaping is the way to go!

hope it helps :)

ive no idea how good those kits are but theyir weaknesses are generally the battery life and the cost of replacement carts. performance wise it "should" give him a decent idea of what to expect from vaping

Well, this was delivered today. He's only had a couple of puffs so far and he's not wrinkling his nose in disgust, so I guess that's a start! I'll let you know how it goes! I think he's a bit put off/paranoid about how it looks, will have to work on that.

Advertisement