Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing on after resigning

Options
  • 05-09-2012 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello all

I have never signed on before and had been working full time in a permanent position for 4 years here as a teacher. I then gave up my job so my contract finished on 30th August. I'm pretty sure in that case I would have to wait the 8 weeks or whatever it is before I can sign on. However, my school then offered me a 6 week contract to cover for someone while they are sick starting 31st August. Am I able to sign on straight away when that contract is finished or do I have to wait again?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You should sign on when you are no longer employed, the dept will decide if and how many week you will be docked for giving up a job.At the minute I presume you did not sign on yet if so sign on when the 6 week contract is over.

Advertisement